Sold for full price at $1.060M.
Think that your choice of real estate agent does not matter in the current market?
BCP applied our unmatched approach to superior visual presentation and knowledge of the micro-market relevant to Overlook city homes to properly assess what a buyer would pay for an all-original city home, based upon what the house asset offers. Understanding the value of a 4000 sq.ft. city home located inside the Beltway, in a desirable community like Overlook, backing to County Parkland, with expansive outdoor entertaining space was the key to obtaining proper market value.
Your choice of real estate agent does matter. Let BCP be your trusted business advisor for real estate matters. Especially with the change in market conditions from the heated early 2021 period as we enter Fall 2021.
Please enjoy this 4 bedroom, 3 full & 1 half bathroom, 3859 finished sq.ft. house for sale in the Overlook community located in Alexandria, Virginia.
The finishes and features in his house, both inside and out, present a fully move-in ready home to enhance the new homeowner's enjoyment.
The capstone on this beautiful house is the enjoyment of the panoramic view of mature trees in Fairfax County's Bren Mar Park. The view from the two decks and the Flagstone patio provides privacy, a peaceful green screen, and beautiful sunsets to enjoy. These large outdoor spaces are surrounded by lush landscaping and a water fountain, which create ideal spaces to relax or entertain.
This house offers a rarely-found buying opportunity - A move-in ready house located inside the Beltway with immediate access to 395/495/95, but also within a tree-lined, green-space community surrounding a Fairfax County Park.
While residents live in this Park-like setting, Overlook is also perfectly positioned for residents to reap “livability” and house valuation benefits from the forthcoming Landmark Mall redevelopment and other planned projects along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor.
A full description of the house features and upgrades, the Overlook community, and the Landmark Mall redevelopment project is provided below.
A focus on the details, both big and small, is apparent throughout the house. An eye-pleasing color palette throughout the house will compliment any design style preferred by the new homeowner.
- A curved front walk leads to the front door, with newly installed black carriage post and house fixtures lighting the way.
- The front door opens to a 2-story Foyer with a 15-light candelabra, which makes a grand, yet welcoming entry. A sitting area and the Dining Room flank the entry for the feeling of open space upon your first step inside. The entry also offers the first views of the green screen behind the house.
- The open Dining Room has a new brushed gold 9-light candelabra with matching sconces, crown molding with dentil detail, and raised panel molding to provide design appeal.
- The Foyer leads to the Living Room, where a gas fireplace with extensive mantle trim provides the focal point for this space.
- The open kitchen has plentiful space on the granite counters for the cook to work. The kitchen is large enough for a separate eating area, with a brushed gold candelabra providing a design focal point visible throughout the main level.
- From the kitchen, you can walk out to the deck for morning coffee or al fresco dining. You can also enjoy sunset and green Park views, with an automatic retractable awning to provide shade as desired (the awning fabric is new). The large lower deck (14'x29') and Flagstone patio (16'x25') are a private retreat that can be accessed via stairs from the deck. The plantings around the patio have been chosen for privacy, 3 season color and interest, and ease of care.
- The Main Level office has built-in bookcases, crown molding, and wainscot trim.
- The Main Level also has centrally-located half bath.
- The open space and circular flow of the Main Level, with outside access to the deck and patio below, provide great entertaining options, with enough space to make a large gathering feel intimate.
- While the open Main Level and outside space can be enjoyed with family and friends, the Owner's Suite is a space that the new homeowner can claim as their own private retreat.
- The Owner's Suite is accessed through double doors, with a view of the 2-story foyer. The bedroom is sized to make a King bed look small. A separate seating area has a gas fireplace and flanking built-in bookcases, which creates a comforting space for a nap or a lazy day read. The Owner's Suite also provides peaceful views of mature trees and the patio water fountain.
- The Owner's Suite bathroom is both large and filled with natural light. The bathroom has a large, double sink vanity with a separate shower and jetted tub. A water closet in the bathroom provides both privacy and a cleaner look in this space.
- The walk-in closet in the Owner's Suite is large enough to feel like its own room.
- The Bedroom Level has the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms, each sized for a Queen bed. The 2nd full bathroom is accessed both from the 2nd bedroom for en suite use by guests and the hall. The 3rd bedroom is currently used as a space to watch TV or enjoy a relaxing book read. Or another place to nap.
- The Lower Level is another large open space with separate areas for relaxation or entertaining. A 4-light globe candelabra in this space provides a focal point to set up a wine and game table underneath. This level also has a wet bar and a walk-out to the lower deck and the patio.
- The 4th bedroom is located on this level, with space to accommodate a Queen bed. The fully upgraded full bath on this level is accessible either directly from the bedroom or the Lower Level open space.
- The unfinished mechanical room on the Lower Level provides a large area for storage (approximately 450 sq.ft), with two different doors for ease of access. This storage space has wooden shelving and a work bench in place.
- The laundry is located just inside the garage on the Main Level, with a Samsung washer and dryer, utility sink, and a closet and overhead cabinets for storage. Additional storage on the Main Level is present in the walk-in entry closet.
- All light fixtures in the house have been upgraded, to include LED retrofit recessed lights with adjustable Kelvin (warm versus cool) levels to suit the homeowner's preference.
- Both HVAC systems were replaced in 2021 (Carrier).
- 75-gallon hot water heater ensures plentiful hot water.
- The house front and rear have an in-ground irrigation system.
- The 2-car garage has a separate space for storage. The driveway is sized to allow for two additional parking spaces for guests. Visitor parking is located across the street, as well as additional spots just up the street.
Overlook Community Details:
Overlook is located just inside the Beltway, with immediate access to 395/495/95 . The Van Dorn Metro is located less than a 10-minute drive. Dining, shopping, recreational, and cultural options found in Washington DC, Old Town Alexandria, Arlington, and Tysons are within easy reach. A wide range of regular Life necessities are all within 10-15 minutes from Overlook. The St. James, a 450,000 sq.ft. sport, wellness, and lifestyle complex is a 10 minute drive.
Entering Overlook, you enjoy a drive up a winding, tree-lined avenue, which gives the Community a feeling of calm apart from the rush of daily Life. Overlook surrounds Fairfax County's Bren Mar Park, with its mature trees and walking trails. The green space, coupled with wide streets and greater rear separation from other houses for better privacy, are quality of Life features that are rarely found in a community located inside the Beltway. When living in Overlook, these features are yours to enjoy.
Overlook also offers its residents an outdoor pool, playgrounds, tennis court, and access to Fios high speed internet.
The planned redevelopment projects within Alexandria's West End are located to benefit the community from their proximity. Overlook will offer its residents easy access to the shopping, dining, and entertainment amenities in these projects, yet you get to live in a Park-like setting, with a neighborhood look and feel.
Update On Alexandria West End Redevelopment Projects:
On December 22, 2020, the City of Alexandria announced the plan to redevelop Landmark Mall, with Inova as the anchor client and Foulger-Pratt as the local developer. The City’s announcement and information regarding the project can be viewed at the following links (City December, 22, 2020 press announcement, City July 6, 2021 press announcement, and Landmark Mixed Use Redevelopment 1-4-2021 Community Information Session presentation (last link is to the video posted by the City to Facebook of presentation/the presentation slides are uploaded to this property website)).
Inova will build a new World-class hospital complex with a:
- 230 in-patient hospital (all private rooms);
- Level II Trauma Center (1 of 3 in NoVa);
- Level III NICU;
- Comprehensive cancer care center;
- Advanced services for obstetrics, heart & vascular, & neurosciences; and
- Medical office building for 50 specialty physicians.
The new Landmark will be a community gathering place for Alexandria's West End, with residential, retail, and restaurants, 3.5 acres of public parks, a minimum of 25% open space for each block, a transit hub, and a new fire station.
The summary document uploaded to the property website outlines the details regarding the development, the hospital, and timeline.
The City approved the Coordinated Development District (CDD) Plan for the project in July 2021. The City will purchase the land parcels for the hospital in 2021 and 2022. Construction is scheduled to commence in 2023, the first non-hospital buildings will be ready in 2025, and the new Inova Alexandria hospital is scheduled to open in 1st Quarter of 2028.
Apart from bringing a World-class hospital and shopping, dining, entertainment options five minutes from Overlook, the Landmark project will be a catalyst for other planned development projects that will bring additional options for livability benefits along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor, such as Landmark Overlook, Greenhill South, Avanti 550, and others.
Get in Touch
Bella Casa Partners™ is an agent team of KW United Alexandria-Kingstowne. Office located in Alexandria, Virginia. 703-562-1800. Each office is independently owned and operated. If you are currently under a brokerage agreement with another agency, this is not a solicitation. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale, rental, or other disposition.
Bella Casa Partners™ is a trademark of Bella Casa Partners, LLC. The KW logo is a trademark of KELLER WILLIAMS® real estate brokerage. © 2023 Bella Casa Partners, LLC. (License No. 0226031610).